Instructor Development Course (IDC) Preparation Review
Why take this course?
IDC candidates are expected to have a good working knowledge of dive theory and demonstration-quality pool skills. For those who feel they have a need to sharpen those skills, we offer a one or two day IDC Preparation Review to enable you to re-gain the knowledge and skills to undertake the IDC and subsequent IE with confidence. The content of this course will be tailored to individual needs.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Proof of 60 logged dives including experience in deep, night, and navigation
- 18 years old
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment
- Certified dive for six months
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months
- Provide your own dive equipment that is professional both in appearance and performance.
Required Materials (for those candidates continuing into either the IDC, AI, or OWSI courses)
- IDC Crew Pac
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP), eRDPml, and instruction booklets for both
Current editions of the following manuals:
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- PADI Divemaster Manual
Want to get started right now?
Want It – Live It – Dive It!