Assistant Instructor (AI)
Why take this course?
The PADI AI course provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with training in PADI systems, standards, procedures, and additional related topics. This course is ideal for those who wish to continue their professional development but are not ready to attend a full Instructor Development Course or need a refresher before attending a PADI IE.
See the Instructor Development Course for a full description of the components of the Assistant Instructor Course.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another diver training organization
- Certified diver for six months
- Proof of 60 logged dives including experience in deep, night, and underwater navigation
- Medical Clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician signed within the previous 12 months
- 18 years of age
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care curse completion (or qualifying trining) within the last 24 months
- If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment and submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue, and leadership level to PADI
- Provide your own dive equipment that is professional both in appearance and performance
- IDC Crew Pac
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP), eRDPml, and instruction booklets for both
Current editions of the following manuals:
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- PADI Divemaster Manual
Want to get started right now?
Want It – Live It – Dive It!